请选择 进入手机版 | 继续访问电脑版

网佳创业天使社区

天使投资唐 发表于 2014-2-11 10:00:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
比特币交易市场Mt.Gox刚宣布无限期停盘,说软件里Bug可让公开交易记录被更改,2周前比特币基金会副主席被美国抓,涉嫌帮毒品网站洗钱!之前我发比特币的微博,引起看好做多的 与看淡做空的人对骂,都为切身利益。但做空比特币很难赚钱啊!看下面第三第四遍文章
为私利我今后也会微博上骂没诚信道德的贱人
  • 做空比特币没有做空中概股赚钱,即使做空比特币后,猜中价钱下跌后也很有可能会亏本。所有前几个月比特币才拼命
  • 让和谐的平台变为对骂的平台,就好像很多美股论坛上,做多与做空的人经常对骂, 侮辱对方。
  • 我想找些无良的人对骂,特别是以为有点诚信的亲友,这样可以提高我微博的关注度!

以前反日的才派水军攻击我支持日本抗震救灾,现在水军们居然会支持日本发明的BitCoin和占全球50%市场的日本Mt.Gox?中国人连中国人都不信,骨子里买日本老外品牌也不信中国品牌。连Mt.Gox都自认系统有Bug公开记录会被更改,中国系统比日本发明的更好?还是认输吧,美国日本做老大老二也轮不到中国做小三

大家都不傻,创业或投资前都以为三思无数次,但想不够+不听负面+执行差。死里偷生后复盘都感慨很多没想到,我也是,科网泡沫损失最大的反而是IT精英,聪明反被聪明误!http://t.cn/8F1DdvY  //@皇帝的财宝:唐老师,你说的这些所谓“风险”在比特币圈子里面早就讨论过无数遍了,这种嚼成渣的馒头就别再嚼了,一点味道都没有了

邀请大家加入Webplus.com免费会员,参与【论坛】里的创业投融资等讨论,在『失败经验分享』分享失败案例,在『创新,IDEA,点子』分享好的idea或创意、在『创业者寻找投资者』里展示你的项目。付费会员可参加『创业成长退出上市沙龙』。请加 Webplus 微信公众平台号:webplusAngel

Bitcoin plunges after marketplace indefinitely halts withdrawals
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/10/us-investing-bitcoin-idUSBREA191Y220140210
Mon Feb 10, 2014
Feb 10 (Reuters) - The price of the digital currency bitcoin slid to its lowest level in nearly two months on Monday after bitcoin digital marketplace Mt. Gox said a halt on withdrawals it announced on Friday would continue indefinitely after it detected "unusual activity."
The bitcoin price varied dramatically from one exchange to another, with Tokyo-based Mt. Gox, the best known operator of a bitcoin digital marketplace, recording one of the biggest drops for the day.
On the Mt. Gox platform the currency plunged to as low as $500 early on Monday, down more than 27 percent from Friday's final price of $692, according to the Mt. Gox website. It last traded at $595.74, off nearly 14 percent from Friday.
"This technical issue is of a much larger intensity than we've seen in the past," said Sebastien Galy, currency strategist at Societe Generale in New York. "The market may be realizing that there are issues which are specific to these forms of currencies."
The bitcoin in recent months started to gain wider acceptance, with Overstock.com and the Sacramento Kings basketball team both saying they would begin to accept the currency.
More recently, the digital currency has drawn increased scrutiny. New York state's top bank regulator in late January revealed plans to regulate businesses handling transactions in bitcoin this year.

TRANSACTIONS COULD BE ALTERED
The bitcoin price started falling fast on Friday when Mt. Gox said it was temporarily halting withdrawals due to unexplained technical issues.
In an updated statement on Monday, Mt. Gox said withdrawals were on hold indefinitely after it "has detected unusual activity on its bitcoin wallets and performed investigations during the past weeks. This confirmed the presence of transactions which need to be examined more closely."
Mt. Gox said a "bug in the bitcoin software" could allow transaction details to be altered.
In effect, someone on the network could alter transaction details to make it appear a transfer of bitcoins from one digital wallet to another had not occurred when in fact it had. This might cause the transfer to be repeated.
A bitcoin wallet is an application that stores bitcoins for the currency's users.
Mt. Gox said the issue was not limited to the exchange and "affects all transactions where bitcoins are being sent to a third party." It said the withdrawal suspension would be in effect until the issue has been resolved.
CoinDesk, which launched the CoinDesk Bitcoin Price Index in September, removed Mt. Gox from its index Monday, citing its "persistent failure to meet the index's standards for inclusion."
"These recent withdrawal restrictions are just the latest in a series of issues which have made Mt. Gox's inclusion in the BPI problematic," CoinDesk said.
On CoinDesk's bitcoin index, the bitcoin price was lower but not by nearly as much as on the Mt. Gox platform. The CoinDesk index showed bitcoin at $667.79 on late Monday afternoon, down about 5 percent from Friday's close of $703.57. Its low for the day was around $540 versus $500 on Mt. Gox.
On both platforms, the price was still around the lowest since late December. The price had topped $1,000 as recently as late January.
"With the volatility in the currency being as much as it is, it's going to take some time before we get enough of a comfort level from investors and merchants to enable it to be used ubiquitously," said Darrin Peller, managing director at Barclays in New York.
The arrest of a prominent bitcoin advocate just over two weeks ago threw a spotlight on the currency. Charlie Shrem, 24, operator of the Bitinstant bitcoin exchange company, was charged by U.S. prosecutors with conspiring to commit money laundering by helping to funnel cash to illicit online drugs bazaar Silk Road. The following day Shrem resigned as vice chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation, an advocacy group.

The best security: A trip through The Onion Router. How TOR works.
http://o.canada.com/technology/internet/a-trip-through-the-onion-router/
Published: April 24, 201
Before the Internet, people flocked to secret and well-hidden underground markets to purchase either illegal or morally questionable items.
With the birth of the Internet, unlimited access to these items from around the world became a reality. The issue was creating a tunnel to transfer anything from heroin to full libraries of downloaded books, from one part of the world to the next securely and secretly.

Enter Tor.
The U.S Naval Research Lab created Tor, or The Onion Router, as an experiment in 1996. The lab has been studying different methods of carrying out anonymous communication between governments for years. The result was the original Tor network.
The anonymous network didn’t reach mass popularity until two years ago, though, following an interview between Google co-founder Eric Schmidt and rogue activist Julian Assange in 2011. In the interview, transcripts of which have been published on Wikileaks, Assange and Schmidt talk about Tor and the utter importance it played in helping Assange’s cause.
Perhaps what Tor has become most well known for, though, is the Silk Road. Run by an anonymous individual who refers to themselves only as the Dread Pirate Roberts, the Silk Road is a highly illegal and highly profitable passageway for very illegal items.
Buyers can purchase pounds of heroin or an arsenal and have it delivered to their home without leaving a trace. Discussions take place on a huge number of Tor forums daily between drug dealers from around the world discussing the latest trends and their future purchases.
Being able to purchase and sell items without disclosing the location you are ordering or selling from provides a type of secure freedom you can’t find elsewhere online.

One of the biggest reasons Tor has become a common term in the past couple of weeks is its relation to Bitcoin.
Bitcoin, the digital currency that recently saw a surge in market value last week, is the only currency accepted when shopping the Silk Road. Once again, Bitcoin is untraceable and isn’t tied to physical locations. The combination of a secure currency on an untraceable network is very powerful.
But Tor is more than just breeding ground for illegitimate trades. It’s become one of the most trusted networks for trading documents and secrets across borders, as well.
In a recent story on Canada.com, John Blanchard wrote about the use of Tor in a variety of situations, including Syrian activists who would send and receive packages explaining how to bypass Internet security. In a state of constant war, where government officials have made it increasingly difficult for Syrian civilians to access social networks and the online world, packages like these showcase precisely what Tor was created to do.
About six months ago, a friend and I had heard about Tor and the Silk Road through a thread on the popular internet forum 4Chan. As budding journalists who had some time on our hands, we decided to embark on an online adventure to find the Silk Road.

It took about ten minutes.
For a network that prides themselves on privacy and secrecy, it was extremely easy to track down this modern underground passageway. We did a quick Google search for Tor browser, downloaded the appropriate version, and launched it. It’s slower than other browsers but, without a static IP address, it’s to be expected.
The difficult part was finding the URL to gain access to the Silk Road. And by difficult, I mean we had to do a detailed YouTube search. Once we found the correct URL for that period (the URL changes constantly to avoid tracking), we were brought to the Silk Road homepage.

From here, we were asked to set up an account to gain access into the site. We did so, and patiently waited as the website booted up, running exceptionally slow on the browser. Once access was granted, however, our eyes were opened to a whole other world I wasn’t aware existed online.
Anything your mind could conceive of wanting to purchase but never knew where to do so was available on the front page of Silk Road. Anything from pure crystal meth to entire Adobe collections was a click away. It was the Disney World of the underground.
I didn’t have Bitcoins at the time, and decided I wouldn’t try to purchase any of the items up for grabs, an idea my friend and I had for a feature story. From my ventures into the forums, however, I read nothing but positive reviews from purchasers about the anonymity of the trades, and have yet to come across a horror story.
Tor is a network just like any other network. It is inhabited by thousands who eagerly search out new websites to spend their time on and by thousands who stumble upon it.

It may have been underground at one point, but it is no longer just a whisper in the dark forums of the Internet’s underbelly. It’s become a tool for activists, hackers, drug dealers, and curious minds. It’s the beginning of a line of networks that will become commonplace very soon.
To get started on your own adventure, head here. https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

How to Profit When Bitcoin Falls in Value
http://beforeitsnews.com/economy/2014/01/how-to-profit-when-bitcoin-falls-in-value-2587462.html
Friday, January 17, 2014
The Power of the Short Side in Bitcoin
If you have never shorted a stock or currency before, that’s OK. In fact, if you have no idea what “shorting” is, that’s fine too. In our experience, only 2% of the investing public are aware of the short side. But, it’s an extremely profitable technique, and something you will want to understand thoroughly—and apply.

What Is Short Selling?
Let’s explain by way of example. Suppose your uncle entrusted you with his Mercedes for the summer. He heads for the Bahamas and says, “I’ll see you in the fall.” At that time, Mercedes are in short supply, and the going rate is about $30,000 to own this fine automobile.
Unknown to your uncle, you sell his car and put the money in your bank account, earning interest. Now, come August, the Mercedes supply problem has been solved, so there are more of them on the market. You go out and buy the Mercedes back for $25,000. Your uncle returns, gets his car, and you pocket $5,000.
That’s how short selling works—you borrow stock from your broker (owned by somebody else) and sell it to the market. You owe the broker the stock. Later, you hope to buy it back (from the market) and replenish the stock you borrowed. If it is priced lower at that point, you pocket the difference.
However, what happens if the item is pricier in the future? Let’s say that there is a sudden run on Mercedes in early August, and it costs you $35,000 to buy one. You must come up with this money, so you will suffer a $5,000 loss. In the same way, if you short stock and it goes up, you will lose the difference at the point you “cover” your short sale.

Why Sell Short?
The truth is stocks and futures fall much faster than they rise. Why? Because fear is a stronger emotion than hope. It takes less energy for people to buy into a rally than to sell into a panic. If your favorite stock is going up, you aren’t very likely to buy more, even if you think it’s going higher. If a security is falling like a rock, the emotion is, “Get out!”
So, thousands of players will sell at the same time to avoid taking a loss. By and large, investors and funds are “long,” meaning they own the stock. So, there is a huge wall of pent-up selling pressure, just waiting to be unleashed anytime bad news enters the market.

How to Short Sell Bitcoins
The first thing you need to have in order to trade Bitcoins is a professional CFD broker!
What is a CFD Broker, you ask?
CFD stands for “Contract For Difference”. When buying a CFD on a specific asset through a broker you are required to have enough funds in your account to cover for the potential difference in the asset price in case the asset you purchase will lose value. The broker will offer you leverage and allow you to buy contracts that are higher in size compared to your total account value. Contract For Difference can also be ‘shorted’ or sold. This means that you can sell an asset without even owning it if you think the value will decrease in time.
More information on CFD’s here.
One of the high profile brokers is now offering CFD’s on Bitcoins. The broker is Ava Trade.
If you think the Bitcoin is going to lose value because it has already risen too much in a very short time, you can sell Bitcoins without even owning them. You can simply sell the CFD contract and you will make profits from the decrease in value. This is called ‘short selling’ in financial jargon and is often used by investment funds when the markets are falling.
Selling short is something every trader should do. The market has ebbs and flows. And, ferocious declines happen often. On a smaller scale, they happen every day to certain cryptocoins and contracts (forex).
Trading the short side is a very profitable habit. The key to success is practice, practice, practice.

How to bet against the bitcoin megabubble
http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2013/12/05/betting-against-bitcoin-bubble/
December 5, 2013
One reason the virtual currency has been soaring could be that figuring out how to profit from its fall is tough.
FORTUNE -- Can you bet on the likely eventual bitcoin crash?
You bet. But it's an expensive trade. And even if you're right, you won't walk away with much, if anything.
The traditional way you bet against something is to "short it." But in order to do a short sale you have to borrow a share of stock or bond or whatever you are looking to bet against. And borrowing bitcoins is nearly impossible. There is a company based in Hong Kong in testing phase that seems to offer bitcoin shorting, but I couldn't find out much about it.
MORE: Bitcoin's tipping point
What you can buy is a derivative contract that will rise in value when bitcoins fall in price. There are a number of places that sell options and futures on bitcoins.
One place -- ICBIT, a bitcoin exchange -- is run by a guy in Moscow.
MPEx, a stock exchange for companies with shares traded in bitcoins -- there are four of them -- also lists bitcoin options.
BitInstant, a Brooklyn-based payment processor, is planning on launching a bitcoin futures exchange early next year.
All of these places require that you open an account to start trading, and none of them take dollars. So you have to buy some bitcoins elsewhere, which in itself is no easy task, and transfer them to your ICBIT or MPEx account before you can get started.
MPEx charges 30 bitcoins to open an account, which at Wednesday's closing price was $33,000.
I heard good things about ICBIT, which offered accounts for free but charges a commission when you trade. But to see the prices of the contracts, you had to get your account up and running and deposit a minimum of 0.1 bitcoins. (You can buy bitcoins in fractions.)
MORE: What is bitcoin?
I decided to check out Coinbr, a brokerage firm that allows you to trade options on MPEx without opening an account there. You still have to deposit 0.1 bitcoin in a Coinbr account to get started. But MPEx allows anyone to see the prices of its contracts, so you know what you are getting into before you start.
Here we go: If you are betting against bitcoins, what you want to do is buy a put option, which is a derivative contract that allows you to sell something at a set price. If the actual price of the thing falls below the set price, or strike price, you make money.
You could also sell a call option, the right to buy at a set price, but that is riskier and requires collateral. So I stuck to looking at put contracts.
It cost 0.045 of a bitcoin, or $49.50, to buy a put contract to sell 1/10 of a bitcoin at a strike price of $1,100 per bitcoin. The contract expires at the end of the month and will expire worthless if the price of a bitcoin is above $1100 at that point. But the value of the contract will go up before then as long as the value of a bitcoin drops.
Let's supposed bitcoins were to fall to $500 by the end of December, a 55% plunge in less than a month.
If that were to happen, the price of my bitcoin put contract would jump.
Here's the problem: To book my profit, I ultimately want dollars.
With normal currency options you can choose to collect in whatever currency you are using to bet against another currency. So if you are betting the price of a euro will fall against a dollar, you can collect in dollars when the contract settles, thereby offsetting the fact that the euro just dropped in value.
MORE: A decade of markets, mayhem, and investing
You can't currently do that with bitcoins. All of the bitcoin options and futures contracts are settled in bitcoins. This is a very bad deal. Because even if I end up with a bitcoin windfall, they will be worth a lot less when I convert them back into dollars.
Here's the math:
To open an account, it has to be funded with 0.1 bitcoin, which will cost $110 as of Thursday morning.
The put option costs 0.045 bitcoins, leaving 0.055 bitcoins still in the account.
After our imagined 55% plunge, the value of the put contract has soared to 0.12 bitcoins.
Combine that with what is still in the account, and it's now 0.175 bitcoins.
At a bitcoin price of $500, that's a mere $87.50.
That means even if you are right, and you call the top of the bitcoin bubble, correctly predicting a whopping 55% plunge in the value of the currency and do all of this, you would lose $22.50.
You can get around this by upping your bet against bitcoins. If instead you buy two contracts, for $99, and once again the price plunges 55%, you will end up making a whopping $15. And I haven't factored in fees, which would probably run you about $4 for the whole transaction, including the dollar-to-bitcoin round trip, taking your profit down to $11.
On top of all that, this isn't like trading on the New York Stock Exchange. Midday Wednesday, MPEx appeared to shut down, and the prices of the contracts disappeared. I was told this happens a lot. As of early Thursday, the exchange still wasn't listing prices. What's more, after running through my math of the trade with a Coinbr broker in a chat room, with the conclusion that basically the trade doesn't make sense, he offered to sell me contracts at 0.033 bitcoins, so I could buy three contracts instead of two with my 0.1 bitcoins. That led me to question just how real the prices MPEx was quoting were.
All of this may explain one reason why the price of bitcoins until recently has been heading straight up. Why bother betting against it?

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 天使投资唐 发表于 2014-2-27 00:16:25 | 显示全部楼层
全球最大比特币交易市场Mt.Gox网站无法登陆,传闻已申请破产,Bitcoin价格一个月由一千跌到一百多美元。据称黑客用我上次说Mt.Gox软件里的Bug窃取了该网站74.4万个比特币~=比特币总流通量6%~=几亿美元。用户在东京总部静坐示威,日本警方已介入。Coinbase和BTC China还在力挺比特币

@福布斯中文网:【Mt.Gox倒闭,疑似4亿美元比特币消失】一个比特币巨头倒下了。Mt.Gox曾是世上最大的比特币交易平台,他们突然暂停比特币取款服务,删除全部推文,日本警方已经介入调查,大量用户组团去东京维权。据称,是一次黑客袭击窃取了该网站74.4万个比特币,占比特币流通总量的6%,详见:http://t.cn/8F3vyYy

@新浪财经:【全球最大比特币网站申请破产 比特币应声大跌】由于系统漏洞损失大量比特币而无法弥补,比特币交易平台Mt.Gox已申请破产保护。受此消息影响,比特币价格大跌,市场对该交易平台的信心也受到侵蚀。从今年年初开始,比特币大体上一直处于下降态势。此外,比特币交易量也大大下滑。http://t.cn/8FunAoq
比特币交易平台Mt.Gox正走向破产,其网站已无法登录。Mt.Gox总部位于日本东京,曾为世界最大的比特币交易平台,一度占据全球比特币交易量的80%。由于系统漏洞损失大量比特币而无法弥补,Mt.Gox已经申请破产保护。其CEO 也在博客中宣布退出比特币基金会。据悉,这个系统漏洞去年夏季就已出现,本月变得更加严重,之前Mt.Gox已停止所有客户取现。受此消息影响,比特币价格出现大跌,而且市场对该交易平台的信心也受到侵蚀。其实从今年年初开始,比特币大体上就一直处于下降态势。此外,比特币交易量也大大幅下滑。

@新浪科技:【多名用户于Mt.Gox东京总部门前静坐示威】著名#比特币#交易平台Mt.Gox疑似破产,多名用户聚集在在其东京总部门口静坐示威。其中一名程序员Kolin Burges花费12小时从伦敦乘飞机到达东京参与示威,还拦住了Mt.Gox CEO询问该交易所是否还持有用户们的75万枚比特币。http://t.cn/8Fujttf

比特币交易市场Mt.Gox刚宣布无限期停盘,说软件里Bug可让公开交易记录被更改,2周前比特币基金会副主席被美国抓,涉嫌帮毒品网站洗钱!之前我发比特币的微博,引起看好做多的 与看淡做空的人对骂,都为切身利益。但做空比特币很难赚钱啊 http://t.cn/8FCH1LH 。为私利我今后也会微博上骂没诚信道德的贱人
如果你最近投机了比特币就悲剧了!中国俄罗斯政府先后宣布全面禁用比特币,苹果刚将最后支持比特币的APP钱包下架!这些导致恐慌 大量出售变现,周五占50%比特币交易市场的Mt.Gox停盘免崩盘,比特币12月初最高点$1245,但周五半天内由$783暴跌到$619。典型Pump & Dump傻投机者遭殃!

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 天使投资唐 发表于 2014-2-27 00:24:24 | 显示全部楼层
Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox goes offline amid turmoil
The world’s largest Bitcoin exchange looks to have vanished. Bitcoin investors are asking 'Where is our money?'
USATODAY 5:30 p.m. EST February 25, 2014
Bitcoin trader Kolin Burges, right, of London and American Aaron (only his first name was given) hold protest signs as they conduct a sit-in in front of the office tower housing Mt. Gox in Tokyo.
Mt. Gox CEO Mark Karpeles resigned from the Bitcoin Foundation
The company is reportedly dealing with the theft of 744,000 Bitcoins
The company website appears to have been taken down
Questions swirled Tuesday about the future of embattled Bitcoin exchange Mt.Gox after reports that its chief executive had resigned from the board of a key advocacy group and its website has been disabled.
Mark Karpeles, chief executive officer of Mt.Gox, the Tokyo-based Bitcoin exchange that froze withdrawals earlier this month, submitted his resignation from the board of directors at Bitcoin Foundation, the group that manages the currency.
In a statement posted on its website, the foundation said a "tragic violation of the trust of users of Mt.Gox was the result of one company's actions and does not reflect the resilience or value of bitcoin and the digital currency industry."
Mt. Gox confirmed all Bitcoin transactions have been closed temporarily, but did not cite a reason for the shut down.
"In the event of recent news reports and the potential repercussions on MtGox's operations and the market, a decision was taken to close all transactions for the time being in order to protect the site and our users," read a statement on the Mt. Gox website. "We will be closely monitoring the situation and will react accordingly."
On Bitcoin exchanges, the currency's value has fallen below $490 from about $545 where it opened trading Tuesday. At one point it traded as low as $418. For most of the currency's history, each digital coin had been worth less than $10.
The New York Times reported number of leading Bitcoin companies jointly announced that Mt. Gox was planning to file for bankruptcy after months of technological problems and what appeared to have been a major theft. A document circulating widely in the Bitcoin world said the company had lost 744,000 Bitcoins in a theft that had gone unnoticed for years, the Times reported.
The Wall Street Journal was among the first to report that the mtgox.com website was not able to be accessed.
At the Tokyo office tower housing Mt. Gox, bitcoin trader Kolin Burgess said he had picketed the building since Feb. 14 after flying in from London, hoping to get back $320,000 he has tied up in bitcoins with Mt Gox.
"I may have lost all of my money," said Burgess, next to placards asking if Mt. Gox is bankrupt. "It hasn't shaken my trust in Bitcoin, but it has shaken my trust in bitcoin exchanges."
Darren Hayes, assistant professor at Pace University's Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems in New York, said the Mt. Gox episode underscores a major concern surrounding Bitcoin: its lack of regulation and backing by governments or major financial institutions.
So far, Japanese authorities have not signaled their involvement in the incident, meaning the money will likely never be recovered, he said.
"This has been a tremendous blow to the confidence of those who believe in the currency," Hayes said.
Even if a government agency chooses to look into the incident, it will be much harder to investigate than traditional financial schemes due to the anonymity of users and lack of paper trail, he said.
Bitcoin's saving grace could be the U.S. government, who has so far not given much guidance on the crypto-currency but has not denounced it either, Hayes said. "Until we see the U.S. come out with an actual position on the currency, we're not going to see it thrive without concerns," he said.
Mt. Gox was one of the first exchanges for the virtual currency that has been inching toward broader acceptance despite wild swings in value.
When it froze withdrawals earlier this month, the company cited a software bug that allowed people to "use the Bitcoin network to alter transaction details to make it seem like a sending of bitcoins to a bitcoin wallet did not occur when in fact it did occur."
"The problem we have identified is not limited to MtGox, and affects all transactions where Bitcoins are being sent to a third party," Mt. Gox added in a statement on its website.
Several Bitcoin exchanges released a joint statement saying that funds under their control are held securely.
Prominent members of the Bitcoin community — including San Francisco-based wallet service Coinbase and Chinese exchange BTC China — sought to shore up confidence in the currency by saying Mt. Gox's collapse was an isolated case of mismanagement. They said it had abused users' trust, but did not offer details on how.
"As with any new industry, there are certain bad actors that need to be weeded out, and that is what we are seeing today," the statement said.
The Bitcoin operators said they are working to "re-establish the trust squandered" by the failings of Mt. Gox, which should not be considered a reflection of the value of Bitcoin or the digital currency industry.
Though a blow to Bitcoin, the latest episode won't mean the end of the currency, so long as enough users continue trading the crypto currency, said David Wolman, a journalist and author of The End of Money: Counterfeiters, Preachers, Techies, Dreamers – And the Coming of Cashless Society.
"For people who were already believers, this is a hiccup and frustrating and problematic," he said. "But I don't think any of those people are going to divorce themselves from bitcoins."
For the currency to truly go mainstream, however, more oversight may be needed. "This episode is a very clear example that regulation matters," Wolman said.

Bitcoin's Mt.Gox disappears, insolvency feared
Published: Tuesday, 25 Feb 2014 | 8:17 AM ET  CNBC.com
The price of virtual currency bitcoin slumped 20 percent on Tuesday morning as one of its leading major exchanges, Mt.Gox, went offline amid fears that it is on the verge of bankruptcy.
Japan-based Mt.Gox's website was blank Tuesday morning and trading on it had been halted. This latest development comes after the exchange deleted all of its tweets from its Twitter account on Monday and its CEO Mark Karpeles resigned on Sunday from the board of the Bitcoin Foundation. The company also announced last week that it had moved offices due to "security problems."
Mt.Gox is one of the biggest bitcoin exchanges—online marketplaces where people can buy or sell bitcoins using different currencies. However, its customers have been unable to withdraw their bitcoins and convert them into U.S. dollars since the beginning of February. The exchange blamed the problem on a critical loophole—known as "transaction malleability"—in the cryptocurrency that it said leaves all exchanges open to hacking.
The exchange said the bug in software made it possible for people to use the bitcoin network to alter transaction details. That could give the false impression that bitcoins had not been sent to an online account—or "bitcoin wallet"—when in fact they had.
The issues at Mt.Gox caused anger in the bitcoin community with some customers taking to social media to express their dissatisfaction amid rumors that the company could be concealing financial difficulties. An unverified document circulating online claims that Mt.Gox has lost 744,408 bitcoins (worth around $350 million) due to theft related to the trading fault.
At 10 a.m. London time Tuesday, the source code for Mt.Gox's website changed, indicating an announcement could soon be uploaded.
Meanwhile, several other major exchanges from the bitcoin community released a joint statement on Monday, trying to restore confidence in the digital currency and distance themselves from the troubled Japan-based exchange. The statement initially featured details regarding the insolvency of Mt.Gox but were later removed.
"As with any new industry, there are certain bad actors that need to be weeded out, and that is what we are seeing today. Mt.Gox has confirmed its issues in private discussions with other members of the bitcoin community," it said.
Bobby Lee, CEO of BTC China, one of the exchanges responsible for the statement, said it had been changed because of a lack of "verifiable evidence" by the organizations, even though he believed that it had reliable information to suggest that Mt.Gox was insolvent. Technology blog Re/code reported that a spokesperson for the group had confirmed that Mt.Gox "will file bankruptcy in private discussions with other members of the bitcoin community."
The Bitcoin Foundation, which aims to help promote and protect the alternative currency, issued a statement stating that it was shocked to learn about Mt Gox's "alleged insolvency."
(Read more: Bitcoin exchange to resume withdrawals after slump)
"While we are unable to comment on whether or not Mt.Gox's business operations employed operational best practices and reasonable accounting procedures, we can assure the public that the bitcoin protocol is functioning properly," it said. Mt.Gox was not immediately available to comment when contacted by CNBC.
The Wall Street Journal asked Karpeles last Monday about the company's solvency or protection for customers' funds. Karpeles replied that the matter is "confidential," adding that the company had discussed its business model with Japanese authorities "to ensure that we are operating within the law here."
The price of bitcoin fell to $425 by 6 a.m. London time, according to CoinDesk which tracks the price on a selection of major exchanges, after starting the day at $545, but rebounded shortly afterward. The price of the currency on Mt.Gox had fallen to around $100 before the exchange's website became inaccessible.
The Japanese company that started Mt.Gox as an online exchange for Magic The Gathering trading cards has been described as the "original" bitcoin exchange by fans of the digital currency and once claimed it handled around 80 percent of all global dollar trades for bitcoin.
It was, until its disappearance, the second-biggest bitcoin exchange in the world—representing around 18 percent of total bitcoin trade in the last week, according to Bitcoinity.org. However, this is not the first public relations problem Mt.Gox has run into.
It recently experienced lengthy delays when exchanging bitcoin into U.S. dollars and has previously experienced high-profile DDoS (distributed denial-of-service attacks) hacking attacks that slow down its user experience. Meanwhile, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security seized its bank account in May 2013, saying it had never properly registered as a money services company.
(Read more: Bitcoin plummets 20% after trading halt on Mt Gox)
There has been a small protest outside Mt.Gox's former offices in Tokyo since Feb. 15. Two Mt.Gox customers, including Kolin Burges a former software developer from the U.K. who gave up his job to trade bitcoin, traveled to the capital in the hope of retrieving their investments.
Burges, who has over 200 bitcoins stored at Mt.Gox, told CNBC via telephone that it was still a surprise to learn of the website's disappearance despite the rumors of insolvency. He added that he had been at the company's offices again on Tuesday and no Mt.Gox staff had been seen.
Garrick Hileman, an economic historian at the London School of Economics, told CNBC that there was a real risk that some people would never see their money again. "It's absolutely terrible for people that use Mt.Gox. ... There's been troubling signs coming out of Gox for close to nine months," he said.
Lee from BTC China warned that more Mt.Gox-style problems would happen unless better regulation of the industry was introduced. However, he was adamant that because bitcoin was a decentralized currency it would go unharmed by this episode and the price would slowly rise again over the medium term.
"Because (bitcoin) was not created by Mt.Gox it means that it won't drag it down with it," he said. "This is why I have been calling for more regulation."
CNBC's Mary Thompson reports a malware called "Pony" was used to steal digital wallets containing bitcoin.

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

Fis 发表于 2014-2-27 10:56:02 | 显示全部楼层
比特币的理想是美好的,但是,它就像是郁金香了。人们看上它,就暴涨,人家遗弃它,就暴跌。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 天使投资唐 发表于 2014-2-28 01:26:00 | 显示全部楼层
@Ryan_XxOo: 【比特黑众生相】吹空唱空不做空,讲理论道也稀松。我什么都不知道,就是感觉不可靠。老子当初没屯货,所以它是大泡沫。当初没买真后悔,只好现在耍耍嘴。你们赢钱我没赢,这是传销不公平。莫道安全太堪忧,土豪地址任您偷。说崩盘,道风险,三年之后来打脸。

创业《天使投资》在于创新,但要避险!比特币3年后走高或走低与我无关,因为我没做多,也无法做空:      http://bbs.webplus.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5668
我追捧创新,但在不懂不投 或不熟不做的前提下,我们要认清楚比特币最大风险:不是软件Bug,而是无法避免罪犯洗钱和匿名网购毒品枪械,各国ZF+银行体系会继续抵制!//@爱尚比特币: @唐

What can be done if Bitcoin is used for money laundering?
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com ... or-money-laundering

If a criminal uses Bitcoin to launder his funds, can the bitcoin network stop him from using Bitcoin? Can we close his account?
Depends who "we" is.... –  Thilo Sep 10 '13 at 2:51

Can we close a criminal's account?
No.
The owner of a bitcoin address can move all the money out of the address and then delete all copies of the key pair for the address. This would amount to closing the account, as the likelihood of someone having the same address in the future is infinitesimally small. However, moving bitcoin money out of an address requires either the owner's consent or legal pressure brought bear on the physical human being assumed to own the account. Criminals are adept at avoiding this sort of pressure.

Can we stop criminals using Bitcoin?
No.
This would require network consensus to collectively blacklist a bitcoin address. At current the community would be very unlikely to endorse such a protocol enhancement; as it could be used to tyrannise minority account holders.
If such a consensus was reached, locating criminal accounts would be difficult unless all residual mechanisms of bitcoin anonymity were also outlawed at the protocol level. Might as well rename the currency "1984".
But
Until bitcoin can be used in large volume to directly purchase food, shelter, safety and bling; criminals wanting to enjoy their ill-gotten gains have to change their bitcoins into a mundane currency like US dollars. Currency exchanges are already improving their recording and accountability to law enforcement officials. So the criminal will need to launder the money through plausible revenue sources before cashing out.

What can we do if Bitcoin is used for money laundering?
Not much
People or businesses could snub money that has come from a proven mixer or other aggregate wallets that don't comply to some auditing standard. But if bitcoin grows to any meaningful size, that is a lot of banking services or aggregate wallets to trace and enforce.
Considering how disposable each bitcoin address is, a botnet could simply create a million temporary accounts; feed the dirty money in at random; mix about like a mesh network of transactions following a plausible traffic pattern; and then spit out clean money.
In the long term, law enforcement will have powerful forensic tools to infer most cases of obvious money laundering. In turn, criminals with the connections and wealth will rent advanced money laundering methods as needed - like they already do in Vegas*.

* If you are suitably paranoid, you have to wonder how many bitcoin casinos have been established specifically to gestate money laundering operations.
It can't be closed, because there is no account. Likewise if he/she were using cash dollars for criminal purposes, it would not be possible to "close his wallet" as if it were some "account".

If a criminal uses Bitcoin to launder his funds, can the bitcoin network stop him from using Bitcoin? Can we close his account?

No one -- not a government, not the Bitcoin core developers -- can "close" a Bitcoin "account" because no central authority has unilateral control to do so. The closest it comes to "closing" an account is deleting the private key to an account, and such could only be done by forcing the holder to do so or tricking them into using a service that compromises their security by not really giving them control of their keys. Included in the latter would be government forcing intermediaries such as exchanges and services to comply and aid.
If someone is laundering money, it is likely necessary to catch them doing the actual illegal act of selling something illegally.

I have a third option: We get rid of Anti-money laundering (AML) regulations.
Money laundering has been criminalized in the United States since the Money Laundering Control Act of 1986. Perhaps it's time to reverse that decision.

This isn't too ridiculous, really. Money laundering is only illegal because it aids activities that actually are criminal. Murder with a kitchen knife is illegal but we didn't make all knives illegal! –  Eyal Sep 12 '13 at 12:08
Whether bitcoin goes mainstream (and thus bitcoin owners haven't been wasting their time) depends on the perceived legitimacy of the currency. For governments and communities dealing with actual crime in meatspace, anti-money laundering compliance goes a long way towards reassuring the public that cryptocurrencies follow the democratic consensus of established laws. Whether a country's consensus on a given law & order solution is warranted or is an evidence-based intervention is another question entirely. –  LateralFractal Sep 13 '13 at 0:49

Canada moves to prevent Bitcoin money-laundering
http://news.yahoo.com/canada-mov ... ring-180216941.html
AFP    February 12, 2014 1:02 PM
Japanese authorities are probing the troubled MtGox bitcoin exchange after claims of a multi-million dollar theft from its digital vaults, as US prosecutors reportedly served a subpoena on the company
Ottawa (AFP) - Canada will bring in new anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing laws aimed at preventing abuses of virtual currencies such as Bitcoin, the finance minister confirmed Wednesday.

Asked about Bitcoin, a so-called "cryptocurrency" that is gaining in popularity both as an investment and as a way to make online payments, Jim Flaherty said: "We're going to have a look at it."
The Canadian government had announced its plan to tighten rules around the use of virtual currencies in the federal budget a day earlier, but no details were provided.
The budget document said Canada would "address emerging risks, including virtual currencies, such as Bitcoin, that threaten Canada's international leadership in the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing."
The proposed legislation follows recommendations in a March 2013 report by a senate banking committee.
Unlike other currencies, Bitcoin does not have the backing of a central bank or government.
Instead, units are generated by a complex computer algorithm designed by one or more anonymous people in 2009.
A report last month by the International Institute of Finance (IIF), which represents more than 450 banks and financial institutions, said Bitcoin's future as a broadly accepted exchange medium is limited.
It concluded that more regulation of Bitcoin exchanges and transactions could strengthen its legitimacy among consumers and ease regulators' doubts.
But for the moment, the IIF report said, Bitcoin faces significant resistance.
China and Russia recently cracked down on the use of Bitcoin.
In the United States, New York state signaled plans to become the first jurisdiction to regulate businesses that handle virtual currencies.
Bitcoin's value meanwhile plunged this week after attacks on major exchanges, forcing three to suspend withdrawals.
A technical glitch apparently allowed fraudsters to flood exchanges with duplicate withdrawal requests, allowing them to convert the same Bitcoins twice into traditional currencies.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|网佳创业天使社区 ( 12036313号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 13:26 , Processed in 0.025728 second(s), 20 queries .