网佳创业天使社区

天使投资唐 发表于 2014-9-24 07:10:40 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
创业~=生小孩,但物以稀为贵啊。公司你可以每天甚至每个月开一个,但小孩,你试一下每年生一个,即使皇帝也不可能啦!>>@胡林VS:灰常精辟[赞]//@安平-创业改变世界:[围观]《天使投资》早期公司估值:如果你还未赢利, 公司就没有什么价值——是不是也可以这样说:小孩生下来还没有赚钱,对这个世界就没有什么价值?[哈哈]

Founding a company is like having a baby. It takes just as much time, energy, and attention. Like raising a child, your startup is a direct reflection of you, and it’s up to you to make sure that it has the right values and mission. You have to protect it when it’s young, and help it grow up to be strong and independent. You pour your heart and soul into it, and will do anything to make it succeed. It sucks your bank accounts dry and you gladly pay.
If you have a business partner, it’s like having a spouse. In fact, in the early years you will likely spend more waking hours with your partner than your spouse.

4 Ways Working for a Startup is Like Having a Baby
http://cloud961.com/blog/2014/02 ... like-having-a-baby/
February 1, 201

Working in a startup, even as just an employee, is completely different to having an office job. I have learned that through working with several startups in the region and also currently trying to launch my own.  If you are an outsider, and listen to people talking about it, you will learn that it is a lot of hard work and stress and most probably they may not be attracted to it. That pretty much summarizes my trepidations towards having a baby, but I always consoled myself that if I have finished doing my work during the night, I can always find the energy to take care of my baby. One year after our baby was born, I see a lot of parallels. Let’s see why I wasn’t all that wrong.

It’s a 24/7 Job
Everyone knows being a parent is a 24/7, 365 job. But very few realize that working in a startup environment is the same thing. You don’t get to check out after a 9 hour shift, or go offline for the weekend. And you can never just say: “My work here is done. I have completed all my tasks!” and take a breather. There is always something to do in a startup, there are probably more tasks than one person can complete in a lifetime, as you need to meet a new deadline and launch a new feature. Startup life is very fast paced and intense.

You get very little time to sleep
At least for the very first few months of having a baby, sleep is very limited. You need to follow your baby’s pace and work at the mercy of his/her schedule. It’s very similar when it comes to startups: there’s quite a bit of overnights involved as the whole team pushes itself to its limits to achieve a new milestone. From what I have seen, it is not an optional decision, that’s simply the effort startups need in order to succeed; all of the key team members need to be onboard with that.

There’s always guilt
The first thing they tell you at birth preparation classes is that from the moment your baby arrives, you will always feel guilty and question yourself about being a good parent. It’s the same with startups. Though there’s no HR or appraisals involved most of the time, it is an internal feeling each team member experiences, if they are conscientious and passionate of course. You keep questioning whether there is something else you can do to improve the results you are getting. Would you be letting the team down if you take a break?

It’s the most rewarding work you’ll ever do
By now you may be asking yourself, “Is it really worth it then? Why would one do that to themselves?” My answer is: yes, it is worth it. You will never experience fulfillment with your work as much as when you are working with a startup. Traditional companies have long cycles, employee appraisals, budgets… but with a startup, in a very short time you can see the actual results of your work and every single contribution you have made.  And the best thing is that all the team gets to experience that, not only the founders. Perhaps, the only thing more satisfying is the pride parents experience with every milestone their child takes.
So despite the risks and ups & downs of startup life, I would definitely advise you to try it at least once in your career. I guarantee you, you’d feel hooked afterwards.

20+ Motivational Business Quotes From Most Successful Entrepreneurs
http://thetecnica.com/2014/02/motivational-business-quotes
Feb 25, 2014

Running a business isn’t easy, you have to go through a lot of ups and downs and still have to keep your calm, situations are more intense when the business is in its initial stage or when you are trying to make a start-up work. Sometimes it happens that even after putting a lot of efforts you don’t get desired results and trust me, those times are the worst, but you have to move on really fast and get ready for the next challenge.
In case, you have had some bad business deals or feeling demotivated, here are 20+ motivational and inspiring business quotes from the most successful entrepreneurs of the world, listen to what they say, because they have reached there, after facing a lot of failures and they know exactly how it feels to be demotivated & how to get out of that state of mind and rise up again.
Check out the these quotes, get inspired and suit up for the next big business challenge that life throws at you.

1. Ben Horowitz (Co-founder, Opsware)
” As a startup CEO, I slept like a baby. I woke up every 2 hours and cried.”

2. Drew Houston (Co-founder and CEO, Dropbox)
“Don’t worry about failure, you only have to be right once.”

3. Bill Gates (Co-founder, Microsoft)
“Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years.”

4. Dave McClure (Founder, 500 Startups)
“A ‘startup’ is a company that is confused about – 1. What its product is, 2. Who its customers are. 3. How to make money.”

5. Dennis Crowley (Co-founder, FourSquare)
“If there’s something  you want to build, but the tech isn’t there yet, just find the closest possible way to make it happen.”

6. Joel Spolsky (CEO, Stack Exchange)
“Nothing works better than just improving your product.”

7. Jeff Bezos (Founder and CEO, Amazon.com)
“I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.”

8. Mark Zuckerberg (Co-founder and CEO, Facebook)
“If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.”

9. Larry Page (Co-founder and CEO, Google)
“You don’t need to have a 100-person company to develop that idea.”

10. Reid Hoffman (Founder, LinkedIn)
“If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.”

11. Larry Ellison (CEO, Oracle Corporation)
“Act confident, even when you’re not. ”

12. Seth Godin (Marketing Wizard)
“If you are deliberately trying to create a future that feels safe, you will willfully ignore the future that is likely.”

13. Paul Graham (Co-founder, Paul Graham)
“It’s better to make a few people really happy than to make a lot of people semi-happy.”

14. Richard Branson (Founder, Virgin Group)
“Don’t think what’s the cheapest way to do it or what’s the fastest way to do it. think  ‘what’s the most amazing way to do it.”

15. Warren Buffet (CEO, Berkshire Hathaway)
“Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

16. Steve Wozniak (Co-founder, Apple Inc.)
“Artists work best alone. Work alone.”

17. Steve Jobs (Co-founder, Apple Inc.)
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.”

18. Tom Preston – Werner (President, GitHub)
“When I’m old and dying, I plan to look back on my life and say ‘wow, that was an adventure,’ not ‘wow, I sure felt safe.’”

19. Ted Turner (Founder, CNN)
“Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell, and advertise”

20. Fred Wilson (Co-founder, Unique Square Ventures)
“Markets come and go. Good businesses don’t.”

21. Guy Kawasaki (Co-founder, Alltop)
“A good idea is about ten percent and implementation and hard work, and luck is 90 percent.”

22. Sheryl Sandberg (COO, Facebook)
“What would you do if you weren’t afraid?”

I hope you are feeling inspired now.

http://www.businessinsider.com/t ... -been-there-2012-11

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 天使投资唐 发表于 2014-9-24 08:15:00 | 显示全部楼层
一个公司长线是要盈利的,如果扩展而暂时亏损,看长线的投资者是可以容忍的。但好象亚马逊这样有点离谱,创业几乎20年后上季度又亏损,当天股票大跌10%,但市值还有1500亿美元!//@时代浪尖的弄潮儿:京东也没有盈利~如何解?//@逸路LIFE:现在大方二房三姨太的能生孩子的很多,只是看有没有渠道取胜了!//@电商Nick

创业者本身就要解决鸡和蛋的矛盾。如果不盈利,投资者可用收入 用户数 增长度等数字衡量。因中国体制和诚信危机,中国股市和基金都不会考虑不盈利的项目,否则京东不需赴美IPO、阿里不需拿外国投资。<<@Hawk_Yao:比较纠结:如果公司能赢利,或许可以不用融资。但短期无赢利想融资却不值钱,得如何衡量呢?看产品?看服务?

烧钱拿市场,最终要看运气,因为烧钱的创业者不全是傻瓜,给他们钱烧的VC也不全是疯投,最终像阿里淘宝烧成功后大家都事后诸葛亮论马云和孙正义多有价值,但这十多年无数烧失败都被我们遗忘了!//@天山的狼020:这个价值看对谁而言,对投资人可能真是暂时没价值,但是这个价值几乎都转嫁给消费者了,这个怎么算呢

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|网佳创业天使社区 ( 12036313号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 17:28 , Processed in 0.053935 second(s), 20 queries .