请选择 进入手机版 | 继续访问电脑版

网佳创业天使社区

天使投资唐 发表于 2014-9-15 22:23:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
国内新一代成功IT互联网的领导者要十项全能 ①中文>至今还没有成功的外籍CEO!去哪儿的戴福瑞Demopoulos在2011年已卸任CEO职位。刚回国的海归拼不过土鳖 ②英文>最成功公司的关键人物英文都很好 马云 李彦宏 ③销售能力 ④要专业 不懂不投 做熟不做生 ⑤识人+避险=不熟不投不合作……

我这4年每1~2月在北上广深举办#创业成长退出上市沙龙#,活动后都有创业者想找我做他们的CEO,我说,CEO~=总经理=总是经过你,像小米CEO雷军,事无大小都有很多电话找他,很操心,公司要做大真不容易。但在中国山寨的土壤里,唯一成功之路就是持续融资才可跑得比别人快。但要找这些可带领早期公司,持续融资、获得B、C、E等轮投资然后上市的人物在国内还很少,国内新一代成功的IT互联网的领导者要有十项全能:

1) 中文:至今国内还没有成功的外籍CEO!去哪儿的戴福瑞Fritz Demopoulos在2011年6月24日,已卸任CEO职位,由庄辰超担任CEO。刚回国的海归也拼不过土鳖。

2) 英文:大家会发现,至今最成功的中国互联网的上市公司的关键人物英文都很好:马云、李彦宏、新浪和微博的曹国伟、携程当年有沈南鹏、新东方的俞敏洪和徐小平、聚美的陈欧、搜房的莫天全等等等,周鸿祎的英文也ok,雷军有HugoBarra 和长城会,当年盛大也找了唐骏,京东刘强东也要去美国泡;否则腾讯就在香港上市。还有网易代理CEO孙德棣Ted Sun的英文也很好,但他因为工作过劳引起癌症复发,在2005年中秋当天猝死,终年38岁,可惜。做上市公司的CEO真不容易。

中国人寿2002年在IPO时,CEO在美国纽交交易大厅上受访时用不太流利的英文好像只说了:“Thereare 1.3 billion Chinese.  Only 2% are insured.  We are the market leader!”翻译:“中国有十三亿人口,只有2%有保险,我们是市场领导者!”然后傻逼的美国投资者就买入,不需要流利的英语长篇大论的阐述你公司和股票的价值等。问题在于你是不是中国人寿?现在是不是2002年?以后的世界只会竞争越来越厉害,特别资本对创业团队的需求。

以前我看见有些小上市公司的老板去美国做路演,自以为英文好就上台用不流利或口音很重的英文说了半小时后,专业的IR股东关系顾问事后悄悄地建议:“x总,您下次最好还是不要出现,会有反效果。”但对于华尔街想听CEO或CFO的要求,找中国公司的CEO上台说中文,然后让专业口译也不是办法,因为30分钟的主讲就变为15分钟,或10分钟。有些场合好像晚宴前的主题演讲,可能就5分钟#电梯推介#,如果用翻译就只有2分钟,更本不是办法。

3) 中英文的销售能力:工商银行ICBC在2006年的IPO是当时世界上最大的IPO,融了192亿美元,但工行当时有18000个支行,媲美汇丰银行在香港2万多员工的数量,实体公司谁做CEO不重要,只说几句Chinglish也无所谓!而阿里IPO融资比工行多,有没有2万个支行?实体是不需要销售的,但虚的东西是需要强大的媒体公关和市场销售的。显然,天使、VC和PE在国内投IT互联网的出路就是持续融资和找一个可以带领公司持续融资会忽悠和会做事的CEO或CFO。为什么?因为华尔街路演,一般投资者只会见公司CEO或CFO。聪明点的投资者都不会见只作秀不做事的高管。

但很多中国公司还是照样按照中国干部的调子说自己是多么牛B,电影里的某些中国创业者还训美国投资者说自己多么牛B,美国投资者根本听不入耳,如果自己那么牛B就不要坐十几个小时的长途机来到纽约融资。要记住,纽约人是最不给面子的,如果你对他不好,很多纽约人会当面叫你F$ckOff,或者直接离场,更本不会像国内的听众还会鼓掌奉承给面子说好话。所以这些小上市公司或OTCBB柜台交易的公司老总,自己以为演讲的很好,或公司很有价值来了很多听众,或者以为公关公司做的很好,但纽约就是有很多骗吃骗喝的所谓投资者,国内也有,但纽约买单是用美元的,不是人民币,如果你做晚餐路演来了50人,每人吃龙虾和葡萄酒加税和小费后就可能上万美元,然后你还要付自己和团队的飞机票、酒店等。如果数月后公司持续都融不到钱,也不是办法,小一点的上市公司还会急于付费请很多所谓的中介,这些中介好像国内的一般都只会拿你的股票和钱和免费吃喝后不做事。事前说很多好话,事后说你这个那个不行,所以最后还是融不到钱,还增加了公司的亏损。明眼的投资人一看就可以看见什么是垃圾股,投资后会挥霍投资人的钱做一些傻事或利己的事。

4) 所谓《天使投资》本色在于创新、识人、避险,创新+避险=不懂不投或做熟不做生:创业者或投资者做项目一定要专业,要懂自己做什么,毕竟马化腾、李彦宏、周鸿祎、雷军、丁磊等都是我很敬佩的产品经理。对IT互联网技术了如指掌,比其他创业者和投资者更懂。但很多在圈内混饭吃的即不懂也装懂(#创业者谎言#和#投资者谎言#)。而创业者或上市公司CEO需要的就是百项全能:公司的产品、技术、研发、市场、销售、客服、HR、IT、管理、财务、公关、政府关系、股东关系、融资顾问、等等等,都需要照顾。创业者或投资者最不懂最不关系的某个环节,一环薄弱全局垮:链条的坚固程度取决于它最薄弱的环节(Achain is no stronger than its weakest link)或,一着不慎,满盘皆输。按照墨菲定律,事情如果有变坏的可能,不管这种可能性有多小,它总会发生,而且它会在最坏的时间发生!

5)而识人+避险=不熟不投或圈内做生意。创业初期,创业者本人的诚信、为人、能力和阅历等都很重要。获得投资的都是在某圈内混熟了后才可以成功获得融资。《天使投资》一书里或bbs.webplus.com里写了很多初创期和上市后的诚信危机问题,在此就不一一阐述了。

我的寄望是,中国的诚信问题,包括政府自己的诚信,都会变好,或必须改良。改革开放30年后好了很多,30年后希望会更好。到时国内的商业计划书和PPT就不需要第一页描述团队和口碑了,可以好像美国公司介绍的PPT开头都是说市场大小和解决方案等,最后才描述管理团队、财务需求等等。

LEADERSHIP LESSONS FROM YOUSENDIT'S FOUNDING TEAM TRAIN WRECK

http://www.fastcompany.com/18297 ... ng-team-train-wreck
BY RANJITH KUMARAN  April 6, 2012
ONE OF YOUSENDIT'S THREE FOUNDERS WAS FIRED. ANOTHER PLEADED GUILTY TO A FEDERAL CHARGE INVOLVING A CYBERATTACK HE LAUNCHED ON YOUSENDIT. SOMEHOW, THIRD COFOUNDER RANJITH KUMARAN WALKED AWAY FROM THE DISASTER WITH HIS COMPANY INTACT AND A NEW SET OF TEAM-BUILDING TENETS.

Startups and investors call me when they’re having founding team issues. It’s no surprise given the health of the two founding teams in which I’ve been a part.

Founding Team 1.0: Khalid Shaikh, Amir Shaikh, and I started YouSendIt in 2004. I stayed on and built the company for 6.5 years and am still on the board. The business had $39 million in revenue in 2011. Amir was fired by the board and Khalid is awaiting sentencing for launching a denial of service attack against YouSendIt.com.

Founding Team 2.0: Mehdi Ait Oufkir and I started PunchTab in 2011. Barely a year in the market, PunchTab powers 6000+ loyalty programs and already has large paying customers with a growing sales pipeline. We raised our seed round off of a PowerPoint, launched our first product in three months, and had multiple inbound term sheets for a $5.2 millionSeries A financing (with early YouSendIt investors participating) that was closed within six months.

I was part of a brutal founding team trainwreck at my first company. Here’s what I learned and did differently the second time.

1. Titles are meaningless but expectation setting is crucial.

All of our YouSendIt business cards read "cofounder" until the fateful day a well-meaning angel investor asked “Who’s the CEO here?” We then did the title thing for fundraising optics, a mutually agreed upon, really bad idea.

What we should have agreed on were roles and expectations before the company was formed. Mehdi and I had that talk concerning PunchTab when we sat down for the very first time. Sort this out with everyone who is early at the company, otherwise you’ll waste a lot of time dancing around the issues.

2. Oddball terms from either side will hurt everyone.

We received one Series A term sheet at YouSendIt. The terms were standard and there wasn’t a lot of back and forth about valuation. PunchTab received multiple term sheets. And still both sides combed through every detail to make sure that we don’t spook anyone in the company already or people we will work with in the future.

It’s a small ecosystem, and the last thing you want is to start a new partnership explaining away old surprises.

3. Let the attorneys work on documents while you work on trust.

Many decisions we made for PunchTab’s seed financing were closed with a handshake. Gestures made on both sides included commitments such as, “just tell us how big the check needs to be,” “we won’t take any more investor meetings,” and “let’s make room for anyone else you want in.”

I knew most of the investors for years, but why deal with this? Because it’s the best way to make deals, and the best investors understand this. Pick cofounders and your broader team based on shared values. You have no idea how much overhead it saves.

4. Founding teams get screwed up every day.

Here are the top reasons I get called for advice by first-time founding teams and venture funds trying to help their founders:

-The guilt felt by one founder taking a leadership role (first among equals) after cranking on product for so long. I spent my 2010 Christmas holidays learning Python + Django (I’m an old PHP guy) so I can contribute to PunchTab’s products as well.

-The realization that you haven’t really worked with someone until you’ve started a company together. I’ve been in the valley for 11 years and can easily count the people I’d found a company with on one hand.  

-The disaster scenario: a CEO change. Both the founder and the incoming hired gun have a lot of anxiety, as they should. We both put in the time to make it work at YouSendIt. The big takeaway: You’re not alone. Surround yourself with people who have seen it before and can talk you off the ledge.

5. Move on.

Still think you’ve got serious founding team issues? Advice I recently gave to early-stage teams struggling with each other or their investors: Learn to move on. Sometimes this stuff really can’t be fixed and it’s at least partly your fault, like it was mine for not doing a better job at the beginning.

In this environment there is demand for real founder DNA. If you think you’re the real deal you might be better served starting again, wiser and with a clean slate.  Now I’m a reluctant expert on building functional founding teams. I survived a founding team trainwreck that should have ended me, my first company, and in the process should have wasted millions of dollars of venture capital. But I beat the odds, and if you and your team are honest with yourselves, you can too.

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|网佳创业天使社区 ( 12036313号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 18:06 , Processed in 0.024871 second(s), 20 queries .